The Truth About Lead is an interesting video produced by the Lead Sheet Training Academy about lead facts and is worth a watch.
Truth About Lead – ALM (associatedlead.co.uk)
Here are a few facts that you may find interesting:
- One of the oldest building products, first used 9000 years ago
- Lead is a natural long lasting material
- Over half the lead produced today is used in lead-acid car batteries
- Lead is cost effective and easy to use in all conditions and weathers
- Lead is a cumulative poison. Unlike many toxins, there really is no safe exposure level to lead, even though it is present in many common materials.
- Lead is one of the most recycled building materials used today
- The chemical symbol for lead is Pb, which comes from the Latin word plumbum, meaning “waterwork” It is an extremely dense but malleable metal that is very resistant to corrosion.
- Wood pencils have never actually contained lead, even though lead is soft enough it could be used for writing. Pencil lead is a type of graphite